My purpose for making this album is to share joy with the world! I am continually amazed at the divine ability music has to transcend language and social barriers, especially the angelic voice of the violin. Within each of the melodies on my album is a pivotal memory; a moment in which my life was forever changed through song. I give credit to God for those moments and for my wonderful life. He is the power and strength within my joyful song.
Featured Song Titles: 1. A Joyful Song Based on the hymn “Come, Come Ye Saints” and fiddle tune “Leather Britches” Arranged by Randy Slaugh and Ariel Loveland “Come, Come Ye Saints” by William Clayton Public Domain
2. Jupiter Arranged by Michael Merrill Composed by Gustav Holst Public Domain
3.Homeward Bound Arranged by Michael Merrill Composed by Marta Keen Copyright Alfred Publishing Inc.
4. Come Thou Fount of Every Blessing Arranged by Michael Merrill Composed by Alfred J. Gentry Public Domain
5. Amazing Grace Medley Includes “Ashokan Farewell” composed by Jay Ungar Arranged by Michael Merrill “Ashokan Farewell” Copyright Songwriters Guild of America Obo Swinging Door Music “Amazing Grace” Public Domain
6. Nessun Dorma Arranged by Michael Merrill Composed by Giacomo Puccini Public Domain
7. Adoration Composed by Felix Borowski Public Domain
8. Kindle My Heart Arranged by Michael Merrill Composed by Patrick Doyle Copyright Warner Olive Music Llc
9. Be Still My Soul Arranged by Michael Merrill and Randy Slaugh Composed by Jean Sibelius Public Domain
Musicians: Orchestra Conductor: Kevin Call Flute: Kristi Ballif, Mary Kate Busath Oboe: Kristen Bull, Helen Merrill Clarinet: Ed Fallon, Madeline Bascom Bassoon: Cole Brimhall, Justin Buttars Horn: Doran Davis, Alisha Peterson Trumpet: Trevor Lewis, John Ryszka Trombone: Tom Francis, Brett Hofmeister Tuba: Ian Watson Violin: Ted Ashton, Shannon Packer, Doug Hansen, Jason Yarrington, Emma Rubenstein, Karen Wright, Linda Seare, Crista Guthrie Viola: Lisa McNiven, Jim Waite, Natalie Blackburn, Marni Buer Cello: James Gordon, Kjirsten Arrington, Erica Seibel, Elizabeth Clarke Bass: Susan Burnett, Casey Dorcey Percussion/Timpani: Stephen Busath, Matt Howden, Thomas Davis, Karrine Manning Harp: Alicia McQuay Organ: Daniel Kerr Piano on “Jupiter”, “Kindle My Heart”, “Adoration”, and “Be Still My Soul”: Julie Hinck Piano on “A Joyful Song” and “Be Still My Soul”: Randy Slaugh Soprano Vocal on “Amazing Grace”: Stephanie Peterson Alto Vocal on “Amazing Grace”: Lianna Escano Flute on “Homeward Bound”: Kristi Ballif Oboe on “Homeward Bound”: Helen Merrill
Producer: Randy Slaugh Assistant Producers: Ken Dudley and Ariel Loveland Recorded at Cottonwood Studios, Idaho Falls, ID Edited, mixed and mastered by Ken Dudley Orchestral sessions recorded by Tyler McNiven at BYU-Idaho Photography by Andrea Balmforth